Introduction

Faith Sycas (pronounced as 'Faith Seekers' is a youth ministry in the Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour. The Youth Ministry was reformed in 2012 and I had the honour to come up with a new brand for the existing youth ministry. I also did most of the creative collateral of the ministry. 

 The Faith Sycas is inspired by the story of Zacchaeus the Tax Collector in the Bible. Hence the spelling of 'Sycas' is derived from the word 'Sycamore'.

Luke 19:1-10



Logo

Looking at the story, I knew my main elements for the logo were to do with Nature. So I sketched a bunch of logos in different styles and asked the whole ministry on their votes and opinions. With all the feedback, I took note of what were the main points and put together into a style and developed from there.
   The main elements that the majority of the ministry liked was that it was in a circular form, a tree and with a boy on it. So I finalised a design and its colours.


Final Logo

 
The Ministry had sub-teams. So I created logos that stuck to the brand's identity. 



Collateral




Featured Post

Floating Youth Centre

    Brief: Design a Floating Clinic Site: Murray River A site analysis was conducted with 3 other group mates to...

Popular Post

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved Gericho Ferrer Portfolio. Template by colorlib